- Open to children ages 4 through Grade 4-5
- Opportunity to understand the Gospel message
- Participate in the Mass celebration at their own level
- 8:30 AM Sunday Masses – Sundays following Labor Day weekend through the Sunday before Memorial Day weekend
- New for 2014, we have added Children’s Liturgy of the Word to the 2:00 PM Hmong Language Mass. All are welcome!
- Introduce children to the liturgical language of the Church
- Nourish and guide their spiritual growth
- Immerse them in the Word in an age-appropriate way
- Reduce disruptions for adult parishioners during the readings from the Scriptures
- Children’s Liturgy mirrors the Liturgy of the Word for the general congregation.
- Using the Children/s Lectionary, as well as homily topics and songs designed for children
- Based on the Church’s Liturgical year
- Gather with the full assembly in the church.
- Be sent forth by the priest with a special blessing.
- Gather in a separate worship space to listen to the readings, pray the Psalm response, listen to a message from the readings.
- Offer their own prayers and petitions to God.
- Return to the main assembly when the gifts are presented/collection is gathered so that the children will be present for the remainder of the celebration of Eucharist.